Thursday, February 14, 2008

so I lied... no real entry yet.

you know who I saw yesterday? Chef Elizabeth Faulkner from FoodTv. I took caltrain to the city (for the first time ever) for a morning meeting I had in SF, I kinda got lost when I tried to take a shortcut since I always think I know where i'm going even when I don't and I ended up running into her. She was walking her dogs outside her condo near the embarcadero and I made her the happiest person alive by recognizing her. I told her I watched her on the FoodTv's Extreme Cake Challenge and I even surprised myself by remembering she was opening a new restaurant in SF soon. She shook hands with me and told me to come by when its ready... we'll see, she was really nice! I'm like a magnet to D-list celebs or Reality TV stars, I see them ALL the time. Like just this weekend I saw Anthony Michael Hall (that 80's actor from the breakfast club) while I was having breakfast at the Hotel Del in Coronado- he looks old and retarded now, but his wife was really pretty. I'm just waiting to meet bill rancic from the apprentice, he's soooooo adorable. oh or dan vosovic from project runway, he's cute too but I think he might be gay. On another note, whats the big deal with valentines day? Does anyone really need an excuse to buy someone nice things or take them out? hell, every day should be valentines day, that should be like a pre-req for any healthy relationship :D. I just say no to v-day... hmm, maybe I should just boycott it altogether? maybe that way i'd lay off the chocolate. if eat another truffle i'm gonna explode. peaaace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have asked him to join your breakfast club

Nellie said...

LOL! Farah you crack me up! How come I never get to meet these D-list celebs when I'm with you? I probably wouldn't know who they are anyway...I can barely keep track of the A-list celebs. Anyway, great blogs. (I read your nice little San Diego poem...I'm w/Shalla...that was DEEP...lol)
So with regards to this blog and Vday, I agree with you completely...it's the biggest bull-shit holiday ever! I'll tell you what I got for Vday and I loved it...I got a McDonald's Happy Meal and a free movie. It was fantastic! I'm totally serious. I don't need anyone feeling obligated to buy me anything. This is just a materialistic world we live in and buying into the Vday madness is just contributing to the problem. I'd buy into "Spend Time With Your Partner Day", b/c that would be more legit...."buy shit for your partner day"...no thanks.
Anyway, blog on girlfriend.
Love ya!